Master Your Morning Routine
Your mindset in the morning really shapes how your whole day is going to go. If you think about it, waking up is another chance at life and new opportunities.. so it’s kinda silly to wake up in a bad mood, huh? Regardless of your morning situations, I have 10 easy ways to help start your day with a positive attitude.
10 Easy Tips to Get You Feeling Good:
- Start your day with gratitude. Tell yourself how lucky you are that you woke up and you are healthy. New opportunities are ahead and it’s going to be a great day. Simple, positive thoughts are going to help you so much. And try to keep the gratitude going throughout the day – cancel out any negative thoughts and replace them with positive thoughts. (Also, ending your day with gratitude is also a bonus to help you feel good in the morning)
- Don’t hit the snooze button. It’s hard, I know (but only at first!) Place your phone across the room the night before. This works because it literally forces you to get out of bed. The more you do it, the easier it becomes and the better you will feel because eliminating the snooze button will keep you on track and allow you to be more productive.
- Create a routine. Speaking of productivity, having a routine will help you do things without actually having to think about doing them. You’d be surprised how fast you can get things done once you get in a pattern.
- Get motivated. Listen to podcasts, audiobooks, videos, or music that makes you feel good and think positive.
- Eat breakfast. Your body needs fuel to get moving and it will thank you throughout the day when you take care of it.
- Stretch or exercise. Depending on how much of a morning person you are, one is definitely easier than the other. Either way, loosening your muscles will increase blood flow and help you gain energy.
- Schedule your day. Make a list of things to get done for the day. It’s so much easier to stay focused and get the most out of your day when you’re organized. Plus, going to bed earlier = waking up earlier. (There are so many cute to-do list templates on Pinterest – click here to view them!)
- Keep moving. It’s time to get up and start your day! Don’t lay back down on your bed or couch because it will only cause you to either fall back asleep or have little to no motivation to get back up.
- Don’t check social media. You will save so much time in the morning if you wait until later on to check your social media. Also, social media can effect your mood if you are looking at things that don’t necessarily put you in the best state of mind.
- Prepare the night before. Try to have everything sorted out before you go to sleep – your outfit, accessories, shoes, purse, maybe even your breakfast for the next morning. This way when you wake up, all you have to do is grab and go!
I promise these tips will make your morning routine (and the rest of your day) more efficient and enjoyable!
What is your favorite part of your morning routine?
Be the best you | Arianna